Take the morning train ride from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya, leaving Kandy station at 8.47 am, a good time to experience travelling along still misty hills giving you the feeling of travelling through cloud forests. Travel 2nd class to have the best experience of open unrestricted windows to take in the beauty of the landscapes you travel through.
Upon reaching Nuwara Eliya take a brief tour of the city’s colonial influences and tudor style buildings. Continue to explore the city covering the Victoria Park, the Race course and Lake Gregory with free time at the Lake. Enjoy high tea at the magnificent Grand hotel, a proud hallmark of the Elizabethan era.
Visit a tea plantation, join the friendly pluckers in learning the art of plucking and visit the factory to observe how Ceylon black tea is processed. Enjoy a cuppa.
Return to Kandy for a late dinner.
- High Tea at Grand Hotel
- Transportation in an Air conditioned vehicle with private transfers
- Kandy to Nanu Oya train ticket (2nd class)
- Pickup and drop from/to your address in Kandy
- Services of English speaking Guide
- Entrance tickets for excursions mentioned in the tour
- 02 bottles of 500ml water per person in vehicle
- 24 hrs. Emergency on call duty manger services