Leave Kandy by 7 am with packed breakfast drive to Sigiriya, the heart of the Cultural Triangle.
The Sigiriya Rock Fortress, is a main attraction in Sri Lanka. The looming 200 meter granite rock proudly holds the remains from the 2nd century BC; a palace carved out of bedrock, ruins of a giant lion carved in to the rock, beautiful frescos and ancient scriptures. The ascend is an easy hike with plenty of stops with the exception of the climb from Lion’s paw to the summit where the steps are more uneven. Be greeted by some amazing views.
Later, after enjoying a typical village rice and curry, proceed to the Minneriya national park to take your jeep safari in to the wilds to witness the Sri Lankan Elephant in large herds. While viewing chances year round are very good, the peak season is generally from August to October when the drought sets in and hundreds of elephants may be seen at an evening drink; a phenomenon referred to as “the gathering”.
Return to Kandy in the night.
- Transportation in an Air conditioned vehicle with private transfers
- Pickup and drop from/to your address in Kandy
- Services of English speaking Guide
- Entrance tickets and excursion fee for Sigiriya rock and Minneriya Safari
- 02 bottles of 500ml water per person in vehicle
- 24 hrs. Emergency on call duty manger services